Wednesday, January 26, 2005

A Poem by Me

Four walls, a top, a bottom,
In gray and musty white, I lived my life.

Then came the cross,
With His box-breaking, life-giving sacrifice.

Out of the four walls, a top, a bottom,
Free as a bird in the endless blue skies.

Soaring free, nothing around me,
His gift holds me up, and I sing, with glee.

Boxes are scattered on the ground.
Yet, I am not found...there on the ground!

Chances arise to drop from the skies,
And return to the four walls, a top, a bottom.

Yet FLY, FLY away!!!!
The boxes are burning, consuming, destroying.

Their contents, unknowing, turn from my pleas,
And willingly go on with their destructive destinies.

Yet FLY, FLY away!!!!
If I cannot bring them, I flee them.

Fly from the boxes when they approach,
Fleet to the foot of the cross.

The cross where He died,
Broke the box, and set us free.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, Lord, for your indescribable gift of life to me!!! I should have died to pay for my sins but I can be free from guilt and pain if I accept your sacrifice of love and live in faith!!!!! I choose YOU!!!!!!!

No comments: