Wednesday, February 02, 2005

No Special Reason

Hello. This is my first "journal" like entry. It isn't based on one thing and it isn't brilliant (not like any of my posts are) it is just ME, today, this moment. We all need to write sometimes and just feel free to say what is on our minds.

So here goes...

Today has been a normal day. In case y'all don't know I am a high-school senior, homeschooled high-school senior that is. Anyways, today I have been trying to finish off a particularly annoying subject (for good!), Business English. I have been practicing writing quarterly reports for companies I don't know anything about, memos to people who don't exist, and resumes with a job history I certainly don't have. So it has been fun to try on lots of different hats sort of but I am tired of Business English. Well, enough complaining. At least I got a break from math. Uuugh!!! That is a whole different story.

I had to go to the orthodontist today. Some piece of "hardware" broke. Anyway, I have had my braces on for 5 years and I am so tired of them. But guess what?? I only have 3 weeks left, Lord willing!!! YES!!!!

Before that I went lap swimming. I love swimming. Or did. I was on a team for 6 years and I kind of wore out my passion for it. But I really like going and just swimming for an hour. I especially like lap swim because I am always the fastest and all the old people with stiff joints are amazed, unless one of my old teammates is there, in which case they are the fastest...:) It really makes me grateful that I don't really have any substantial problems. (For people with real problems check out this website....www.persecution.org (or .com))

Anyway. I went for an 8-mile bike ride last Thursday and I really ripped up my knees. Still paying for it. But at least I am not paralyzed.

I am so tired. But I am trying to keep everything in perspective. There are thousands of people who are WAY MORE tired and they don't even have the promise of a fluffy bed with warm conforters to look forward to. I do. Thank you, Lord!!

I think everyone needs to keep their lives in perspective. Especially those of us who have it relatively cushy. Someone always has it worse than us. We can only be intensely grateful to God for our lives.

Speaking of which, why do most people think that they should give God the bad stuff in their lives but withhold the good things? God gave so God also retains the rights to take it away. I think it would be a whole lot easier to always be willing for good things to be taken away than to be clamping on with all physical might. (Maybe then God wouldn't need to take it away.)-->(Just a speculation.)

Well, I really need to get to bed. But I have a few things to do before I hit the sack. Goodnight, one and all.

STAND YE FAST IN THE LORD AND IN THE POWER OF HIS MIGHT!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great, Liberty. I think that it is wonderful how you are proclaiming God's Word. Thanks for sharing.