Monday, November 22, 2004

A Poem-by me

She smelled of the sun kissed waves that dappled the sands.
My breath caught as I beheld her smiling eyes.
I could not believe this being to be real.
I wondered at the seeming phantasm before me.

I wished I could capture and cage as she did.
I wished that my muddy brown locks fell as bewitchingly as her golden strands.
I wished my hefty frame was as lithe and ethereal as her slender form.

She was the every man's dream, the vision that struck them dumb.
She was the unreacheable queen of the castle in the sky.

She chose an equal, if ever one existed.
She chose the muscular man tht charmingly imprisoned every girl's imagination.

She chose to descend her unbreachable throne.
She chose to give in to his desires.
She chose wide of the mark.

Her child is beautiful and blemish free.
Yet she has lost the halo of glory that once crowned her fair head.
She is alone, deserted.

We forget so quickly, we with minds like sieves.
We forget the people that once were our heroes.
They, that choose to leap from their pedestals, crash.
They choose to jump yet expect to defy gravity and not fall.

They choose wrong.

She was the sun kissed vision that once dappled my dreams of perfection.
Now she is the warning.
She stands with her child in the crossroads of life.
We walk past and whisper and vow to never be like her.

-June 17, 2004
Liberty Grant (based partially on previous personal aspirations)





No comments: