Thursday, September 15, 2005

Glitter and Glamour

I adore glitter and shiny sequins and silky fabrics with lace edging. Bright colors but not too bright or at least not all-over-brightness, with metal flower pins and big dangly earrings-yet all in moderation so as not to appear gaudy or old-womanish. (By old-womanish I am reffering to a dear old lady I met at the pool who never fails to arrive in skin-tight, polyester/spandex capris and and cleavage baring hot pink, white, or lime green tops, 'gracefully' covered with a loose smockish shirt.) But I diverge from my point.
What is the point? I guess I have been thinking about style a little more than usual lately as I near closer to my Cali trip. Oh, didn't I tell you? I am going to South Cali on Sunday for 6 days. I even made an attempt to highlight my hair but sadly it came out red. Make sure you make a point to look at my hair the next time you see it me; it is really quite funny. I think it must sound very shallow of me to be talking about fashion so much and doing extra things before I go to visit my multi-millionaire relatives and share beach space with tan, built surfer boys. So please do excuse me, this is just a very small part of my personality but I felt liking writing about it today.
Southern Cali is definitely all about glitz and glamour at least in the areas I will be visiting. I think that it will all seem rather excessive and repulsive to me though considering how much more mature I have grown to be since last time I visited SoCal and how much I hated it then.
We shall see.

No comments: