Wednesday, March 02, 2005

My General State of Mind & Body is.....

..better.

I am recovering from my illness. Thank you for your patience. I am sure it was murder to wait and see how the whole boat trip went for me. (Suuuurrrre.)

It went roughly okay considering we had a motley crew aboard the ol' pirate ship. Harharr!!!......Oh, sorry. Obviously, better does not mean entirely well. :)

I didn't go crazy suprisingly!!!! We had beautiful weather the whole time and thankfully, God staved off my illness until 10 minutes (literally) after I had gotten home.

So, now you tell me you want a play-by-play? Well, I must leave out a few facts, change a few names, and omit the mutinous crew members we left behind on the desert island!!!!!!!!!!!!!........I am doing it again, aren't I?

ANYWAY!!!! The boat didn't sink, I didn't get wet, I didn't have to drive the boat (which is good, I probably would have run us aground), we got roughly enough sleep, we got to eat Mexican food when we went ashore in Rainier, Saturday night, and I didn't have any TERRIBLY clutzy moments except when I almost shoved someone overboard in a FIT OF ANGER THAT DROVE THE REST OF THE CREW TO BODILY CONSTRAIN ME AND THROW ME IN THE FISH HOLD........sorry. I couldn't resist.

The only really, kind of, sort of bad part of the trip that made me very grateful to have 6 strong men aboard was when we saw our motel for Saturday night. That is like a Hollywood gansta' movie all on its own and deserves a separate paragraph.

We reached Rainier, I dunno, around 3-4? We parked at the transit dock which was nice with big rusty-red metal pillar things (piers??) with those sparkly white cones on top that make them look like bullwarks to a fairy-tale castle. (I know I am mixing up my adjectives but it is my story, I can do what I want.)

Anyway, we reached the transit docks, and (duh!) docked. Those of us (M, B, JP, U.J., me, and B) who were going to stay at the motel gathered our stuff and walked the two blocks or so to the motel.

The motel looked like one of those druggie nests that you see on "Cops." The current tenets looked no better and appeared to be meth-users, and over half of them looked like they lived at the motel. I started to hyper-venilate as we waited for the owner to come back from grocery shopping. I was really beginning to be concerned and I thought it would be a good idea to check the post-office's "wanted" posters for his face. Maybe he was a murderer or an undercover drug-lord!!!!!!!!

I exaggerate too much in my mind. Someone needs to blindfold me the next time we stay at a 1/2 star motel.

Anyway, the owner wasn't too bad and the room was much better than the rest of the motel looked. It smelled though. I was still freaking out though and I split with Becki A.S.A.P. back to the boat.

Once back at the boat, the motel was out of sight but not out of mind. But I rapidly became grateful for the relatively safe life that God was blessed me with. Some people would be overwhelmingly grateful for one night in a motel like that, since it is better than sleeping under a bridge with murderers and druggies.

So I accepted the motel as a challenge as well as sharing an extremely uncomfortable futon and found that that motel was THE quiestest motel I have EVER slept in. (Possibly because all the other tenets were stoned.)

The rest of the trip went great. It was beautiful weather. We had gorgeous sunrises both Sat. and Sun. I got to practice my sketching and best of all, I got to hang with my cousins a.k.a. my adopted brother and sisters a.k.a. my best friends, besides my own brother and sisters.

I know this was annoyingly long. You can scan it, you have my permission. :) But if you are really bored, it is a good time-filler. :)

No comments: