Friday, March 11, 2005

Surprise, Suprise!!

I know I have been "avoiding" you and I deserve whatever punishment you think fit but I have been busy.

Plus,

I GOT MY BRACES OFF!!!! After exactly 5 years and one day, I got them off. (On Tuesday!) My mouth looked so foreign sitting on my face. I wanted them to put my braces back on, I wanted to wear a scarf over the lower portion of my face-something-anything to cover it up. For you see, I , actually everyone, had forgotten what my original smile looked like. And when my braces came off, I didn't appear anything like I had for half a decade (!!!).

The reactions:

My cousin didn't know me. We looked at some pictures that had just been developed and one was a full frontal of me with braces. He pointed to it and said that he knew her, not the girl standing in front of him.

My mom was really happy. I mean REALLY happy.

My best friend was ecstatic. She wanted my braces off practically more than me.

My sisters (my other best friends) had to do a couple double takes but they adjusted rapidly.

My brother was cool with it.

My swimming friends were happy for me but that is where any other emotion stopped. It isn't their fault. It isn't like we spend much time together.

Me? I was in shock. I was smiling the whole way home on my bike. I kept trying to shut my mouth but it wasn't working. At one point, I cackled. :) I know I am getting really honest but it was such a shock. Plus, my teeth felt really slimy.

I have to go to the dentist next week and I KNOW I will have to get a filling. I really, really, really hate the dentist and especially fillings. I wonder if a Tylenol would dull the pain of the local anethesia shot? I should try it. I can handle everything but that. (Well, I can handle that too but let's just stay I really don't like it.)

I have to get back to the W.W.W. (a.k.a. World Wide Web) because I have to do a speech on Tuesday on the heart (?) and I need to find some info. Thank goodness for the internet. Everything's just a click away.

No comments: