Wednesday, March 30, 2005

My "Free Spirited" Friend

Emily is one of the most free spirited, healthy, happy people I know. She is Greek and Turkish. She is curvy but not fat at all-she doesn't believe in being stick thin and this only adds to her appeal. She laughs really loud and isn't embarassed by herself. She isn't afraid to show emotion. She is engagingly funny ( even though she is a little bit foolish sometimes, but who isn't?) and rapturously pleasant. She is inspiring.

She is also drop-dead gorgeous (in my opinion). She has beautiful eyes and immensely thick, wavy hair. But she doesn't make me jealous. Some beauties act condescending and overly-important, especially around guys, which only incites temporary repulsion in how I react to them. But Emily isn't like that. She isn't skin deep. She is happy with who she is, with the body God created her with and she won't hide her joy.

She brings out the best in me and it is incredibly helpful for me, physically, to be around her. When I am with Emily, I grow in contentment with the body God gave me because she is content. Also, she helps me, unconciously, in how I relate to guys.

Emily is a little guy-crazy sometimes. However, she is really at ease with them-not in a loose way either. But she isn't embarassed or overly flirtatious or... I don't know how to describe it but she doesn't make the guy-girl friendship thing to be a huge complicated issue, like I do sometimes. If she makes a verbal mistake, she doesn't dwell on it, like I tend to do, because most guys don't.

Emily is a free spirit, and an entirely unique one too because she has the personality that God has given her. I want to be a free spirit (with Christ) too but in my own unique way. I will never be exactly like her in every detail but I will and am learning to more at home in my own skin.

Thanks, Emily. I love you.

No comments: