Friday, April 29, 2005

I am just standing here-PLEASE ignore me!!!

I was a linesman for my little sister's volleyball game today. It was my first time and it was nerve-wracking!!!!! Mom and Verity said I looked really upset but my knees hurt and I was really nervous to not make a mistake. (Even though somehow, I don't think that YMCA parents are the type to mob a "ref" after a bad call but I have seen a few close calls.)

Anyway, it was all pretty dull, except there was one time when the ball was REALLY close to the line. Everyone, I mean everyone, was looking at me. So I crossed my fingers and said "out." It must have been right because Verity's coach said "Good call." Phew.

The rest of the game I just stood there, trying not to look stupid, and also trying to make sure I didn't use the hand signals for "out" when I meant "in." My palms got all cold and kind of sweaty and my heart beat a little hard. (Maybe that was the X-large Pepsi I had just consumed.) Either way....

I SO WANT TO DO IT AGAIN!!!!

No comments: