Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I am now a snowboard chic!

Hahaha. Whatever. But I did okay for my first time and I made it down the mountain once. It was rad. (Is that an archaic term now? Someone tell me. Hahaha.)

Anyway- my two cousins (very nicely) invited me to come boarding with them. My guy cousin is a pro at it and he took some hard runs after informing me and my girl cousin/best friend of the basics. He was a good teacher and he helped us go up and down the beginner slope a couple times. Then he took us over to the big ski lift that goes to around 5,200 feet up the mountain and told us to just take it slow and that he would meet us later.

We got lost following the signs down so we switched back and forth a couple times and avoided getting hit by the good boarders and skiers. I made it down pretty well though.

The wierd thing is that I was best when I went down the runs with my back facing downhill and glancing over my shoulder. Then I could do it like a "pro" and do the whole curvy thing too. But when I turned and faced forwards I fell a lot. But when we went to the higher slopes, I got the hang of it pretty quick.

Anyway-I am totally hooked. Too bad I can't afford to go very often because of the exorbitant lift rates. However if anyone wants to invite me the next time you go up the mountain, I'll scrounge up the money somewhere. :)

No comments: