Friday, April 22, 2005

Miscellaneous Observations

I am having to give and go through tough love. Since I am experiencing both ends- I would have to say it is harder to give than to receive.

But both ways make you stronger.

I had a wonderful conversation at the college pool the other day. I had been weight-lifting and then I went to swim for 20 minutes to cool off. But I changed my mind and got out after 10 and went and sat in the hot tub. An older guy (33 yrs.) came in and started talking to me. He told me he wanted to be in the Peace Corps. after talking for a while and then he told me that he is anti-religion, anti-God. I am about as opposite that opinion as you can be (well, guess not sinc I wouldn't say I am a radical) and I said so. Anyway, we talked about theology and everything for an hour!! I was boiling in the hot tub so I eventually just sat on the steps to avoid letting my blood reach boiling point. :)

Anyway, it was really good practice and I also worked on my listening skills and I am proud to say that I did not interupt him ONCE. Either way, I held my own very well, with God's help.

I need to take a shower before bed so I have to rush. Plus, I have to think of a speech AND write it before Tuesday morning and I cannot think of anything at all.

The other thing is that I got a temp job teaching swim lessons. I am going to work at the Cenntennial High School pool, coaching 5th-graders for 5 hours, 5 days a week, for 4 weeks. I am going to make $10/ hour so that is great. I will finally have enough money for my car. Thank you, Lord!!

One more thing: I accidentally poked the shutter of my camera several weeks ago and bent it. I took it to the camera repair shop today and they said it would cost $150 to replace it so I just bought a $125 used camera which is actually a year newer than my old one. So I am out a bit, money-wise, but it is okay. It is SO worth it to me.

Well, I have to go. Please pray for me about my speech on Tuesday.

Love,

Me.

No comments: