Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Some Thoughts for Your Day....

My mom told me this old proverb this morning and it is helping me so much today, "Worry is like a rocking chair-it keeps you busy but doesn't get you anywhere." So I am bound and determined to worry as little as possible today.

I was standing and waiting for the bus this morning, listening my mix cd from a friend, and getting wet because my umbrella kept blowing in wierd directions. Then I looked across the street, over the houses, and up into the sky and this is what I saw: I saw brilliant blue, I saw birds and sunshine. And this is what I realized: the rain is always the hardest right before it stops. The rain has been pretty hard for the past few weeks so that must mean that it's probably almost about to stop.

I have joy, God-given joy and I am not going to give that up because of the rain clouds in life. Somewhere, behind the clouds, the sun is ALWAYS shining. Behind the trials, God is always breathing life and joy into my life. Thank you, Lord, for your indescribable gift; help me to never take it for granted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good comments, Liberty. I will definitely keep these in mind today. Keep trusting and I look forward to reading your blog...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Liberty, for sharing your thoughts. I can tell from reading that God is filling your mind space more and giving you joy as you look to Him. Keep growing!