Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I am probably the most random person you'll meet...

Hahaha!! I hope that isn't a bad thing. My randomness doesn't come out when I need to be serious so no worries there.

Anyway, on a complete impulse, I cut my hair-SHORT, and I have BANGS!! I haven't had bangs for years (probably 2. Haha!) Also, on impulse, I colored my hair RED!! I know, I know, I just got it highlighted more than a month ago, but my sister told me with my new haircut I looked like a 50-year old, politician's wife. Can't have that! So I was going to go back to my natural brown but changed my mind and went red on the spur of the moment. I like it! It is really red though...

Everything is okay with me, I think. I still am struggling (sometimes) with the sacrifices I made but I just remind myself to put them in perspective. The other thing that really helps is reminding myself, when I am being tempted/having a rough time, that Satan is scared that I am going to do something GREAT for God. That is why he is fighting so hard to keep me from complete obedience to God. My mom told me this when I came home from my abortion presentation a week ago. (I told you all about it in the post below this one.) God has given me a fire and a passion that attracts people and a talent for public speaking. I know that God is going to do great things through me, as long as I stay in obedience and faith (especially right now, when everything seems so difficult.)

I have also decided that people, even though God often uses them as tools, can't be completely relied on. Only God is always there for me, always knows what I am going through, and can always, always help me, when I come to Him. I am very grateful for my "support" group (my family) but they can't do for me what God can and promises to do. So, I am learning to rely on people less, and on God, more.

No comments: